Friday, March 22, 2013

**UPDATED**A Blog is Born!

So I have been bugged and bugged for a while to start a blog by my best friend Marie for a while - here it finally is. She has given me a little help in figuring out the set up - other than that she is leaving me all on my own *yikes*.



I will primarily use this blog to review the movies I see and the books I read, with a few other random thought provoking posts thrown in for good measure.
**Updated: I was going to follow the below format to make things easier while reviewing.  I have never really been one to follow formats, so my blog hasn't been following this format at all.  So going forward, I will have more of a free format on my reviews (aka it all depends on my mood how I format a review).  As my friend Marie has told me--there is no correct way to blog. **

As the title of my blog "Andrea's 5 Things" suggests, I review things looking at/for/through/etc/etc things as follows:
  1. The Author - how the present themselves, how engaging their writing is
  2. Genre - how well the writing of the story fits the designated genre and if not, if I think it belongs better in a different genre
  3. Characters - composition, presentation and collective believability
  4. Animals - I love animals, so special points for animals in the books (same criteria as characters)
  5. Good vs. Evil - this is a concept that always interests me and seems to come in to play in a lot of books; composition, believability, presentation, etc.
With that, I will leave you to ponder what you think will come next from me - I am off to prepare my list of books to review and plaster this blog with my fine thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment