Sunday, July 14, 2013

Walk Away With Me by Darby Davenport Book Review

I'm not one to normally read novellas, they are simply too short for me.  I sometimes feel that there just isn't enough development to the story in 100 pages.  Or that it ends abruptly.  But Walk Away With Me by Darby Davenport made me want to try a novella again. 

In this novella, Charlie impetuously adopts a large dog who no one else wanted.  Trying to get some energy out of her new Rottweiler, Charlie takes him to a dog park where he gets a little rough with a Golden Retriever owned by Ethan.  Ethan quickly reprimands Charlie on how badly her dog is behaving.  But Charlie quickly notices that Ethan has a way with dogs and asks for help training her dog.

Walk Away with MeTheir relationship starts to bud over trainings at the dog park, but both bring baggage into the relationship (as everyone does).  Charlie is a free spirit who doesn't want to be tied down to a relationship (her biggest commitment was her new dog), and Ethan was burned by woman in the past who looked similar to Charlie.  They will have to overcome dog drama and human drama before they can have their happily ever after.

What can I say, the cover drew me into this book.  I love dogs so any book that has one on the cover will generally catch my attention at first glance. But, the synopsis had me hooked on reading this book, even though I normally don't read novellas.   While I thoroughly enjoyed the book, I felt that all of the sudden we were in the climax of the story and without much resolution they all lived happily ever after.  I give this book 4 stars out of 5 simply because I wasn't thrilled about the rather abrupt ending.  I literally thought it was a mistake when my Kindle said I had completed the book. 

Walk Away With Me is a fun, quick read that any dog lover would enjoy-I certainly did!

No comments:

Post a Comment