Sunday, April 21, 2013

First Person vs Third Person POV

True story....until a few years ago, if I picked up a book that was written in the first person point of view I would immediately put the book down and stop reading it.  Until there was one book that I thought sounded so good that I couldn't stop reading it just because it was in the first person.  Even though I won't stop reading a book just because of the point of view it's written in, I still prefer to read books that are written in the third person point of view.
For a little refresher....
First Person POV: I, Me, My
Third Person POV: He, She, Her

My original thought on why I wouldn't read a book in the first person was that the author couldn't fully develop all the characters besides the person who is "telling" the story.  I now realize that a good author will be able to develop the characters just fine no matter what point of view the book is written in. 

So, my question to you is, what is your favorite point of view to read?

2 comments:

  1. I prefer the fist person pov because I then can feel like I am more involved in the story and lose myself, kind of being the character in the book as I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer to read and write in 3rd person POV - but I get where you're coming from! great post Andrea! :D

    ReplyDelete