Saturday, April 27, 2013

Judging a Book by the Cover

Okay, we have all been told not to judge a book by it's cover... Our parents and teachers all say that not only in relation to books, but as a metaphor for judging people.  Now, I'm all for not judging people by their "cover", but in terms of actual books all bets are off.   Have you ever spied a book cover and just had to read it?  Maybe even without reading the synopsis? 
I definitely can be drawn to a book by it's cover or even it's title.  That's just a fact that there are books that stand out more than others.  A big attractor to a book for me is if it has a dog on the cover... What can a say?--I love dogs! 

In all seriousness, there are just some book covers that just catch my eye and make me want to read a book.  I can't always put into words what it is, but I bet those marketers who make covers for a living could tell me! 

So, what kind of book covers draw you into the book?

You decide...

No comments:

Post a Comment