Tuesday, May 28, 2013

How Do You Read a Series?

Nowadays, it is becoming the trend for authors to write everything in series--it seems there aren't as many stand alone novels out there.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I truly like to have a story continue or have minor characters become the main characters in their own books.  But with that comes my dilemma and maybe yours as well... How do you read a series? 
Lately, I've been waiting until all of the books are out in a series to read them.  If I let too much time (or too many books) go in between books in a series I may not remember some details or minor characters.  I like to keep the books fresh in my mind when I read a series.  However, there are some series that I just cannot not start reading. 

I used to try and put time in between books in a series or even books by the same author so I wouldn't get bored with an author or series.  But I've learned that I don't get tired of reading books by the same author so what's the point in potentially losing details by reading books in between a series?

So, long blog short....what do you prefer?  Do you want to wait until all books in a series are out to read them?  Or would you rather read the books as they come out? 

No comments:

Post a Comment